Monday, December 28, 2009

Do lotions,perfumes and bodywashes ever expire or go bad?

Being a lover of perfumes, I have tons of them and bodysprays. I also have lots of frgrant lotions and bodywashes as well. Some of them I have had 2 years or longer though. I try to use a different one every day but since I have so many (and I mean a lot!) I can't always get to them all. I was wondering, since I saw no exp date on any of the bottles, do they ever go bad, or is there a time you should stop using them and throw them out? Please help!Do lotions,perfumes and bodywashes ever expire or go bad?
lotions begin to get a bit of a ';tinny'; smell after about 5-10 years if they're not great quality. If it's sun tan lotion, yes, they do have expiration dates.





Two years definitely isn't long enough to expire, especially for perfumes!





When my grandma died, my mom got a bottle of my grandmas perfume from WWI, and it still smelled really nice.





The worst thing that can happen is it will gain a sort of alcohol smell (which happens a lot after a few years with cheaper perfumes, especially in knock-off versions of perfumes), or that the smell will just start to fade.





';Real'; (the more expensive) perfumes are made of oil and wont ever expire





I hope this is helpful =)Do lotions,perfumes and bodywashes ever expire or go bad?
When the smell starts to ';change'; like go more ';rank'; or different, it's time to toss the product out. Also if the consistency of the product changes, like it separates or changes color, toss out asap!! Otherwise I don't see any reason why you can't keep using the product!! I am surprised that they don't put an expiration date, however, to get you to toss the product and replace it, thus buying a new one and putting more money and profit into the product maker's pockets!!





--Kristin
Good, Question!! A star for you,Every thing that we use has an expiration date on it, you might not be able to see it , but it is there, , i answered, a question similar to this last week but it was about chewing gum, and yes, the EXP, Date were there, real close to the wrapper, next time you buy some gum check it out very carefully, the exp, , date is on , there, so is on your lotion, perfume, body spray, deodorant, make--up. powder, or talco after-shade, hair products, ... and if you ever come across with some thing that does not have an expiration date, it will say INdefineted. I ,looked, this information up, and i also talked, to some of my friends, and managers from different stores, that i know pretty good,,, take care. peace..
I heard that perfume is actually only good for a year or two- I don't know what it can do to you after that. As for lotions, they do get rancid. Rancid lotion smells really bad. It still does it's job (though not as well), but it STINKS!!!!! Really nasty. Some only have a shelf- life of about a year, though some stay good MUCH longer. They sometimes will also get runny and gross. As long as they don't smell bad, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not even sure about bodywash, though. I've never actually seen bodywash or shampoo go rancid or runny, although after enough time, I'm sure they could.





Curious, myself, I looked this up and found an interesting article that might be just what you are looking for:





http://www.organizeyourlife.org/Expirati鈥?/a>
lotions and other body fragrances tend to get old rather quickly. But perfumes stay good for a pretty long time. When a perfume starts to smell like alcohol, its time to throw it away. The use of bad and old body chemicals can result in rashes and severe itching. To be on the safe side, after 4 years of perfume usage, throw it away or even earlier if it starts to smell stronger of alcohol.


Hope i helped!
i too have a ton of lotions, perfumes and body washes. i am a preschool teacher and i get a lot as gift. i don't find that the body washes ever go bad. the lotions and perfumes may lose their scent or smell sour. none of them will hurt you. all you have to do is smell them and decide if that is what you want to smell like.
YES!!!! youll know when they expire b/c they will smell like more alcohol then usual.


and if theyre stored in a to warm of a place theyll go bad faster so try to keep them in a good temp. not too cold or to warm.


thats why you shouldt have more then 3 at a time b/c you wont be able to finish them before they go bad
No, lotions; perfumes; and body washes can not go bad. They do not expire like milk heehee. But only can a body wash go bad if it has been sitting in the sun for many many many days. But that is unlikely to happen. Hope I helped!! :-)
Sorry Hun I don't know the answer to that. But I sent the question link to all on my yahoo messenger link for you!
hi....if the perfumes put if thr iz no expiry date thn...ur using it for 2 yrs i suggest u shuld throw thm n get new 1ns

No comments:

Post a Comment