Thursday, January 7, 2010

Alergic to certain perfumes?

Ok another alergy question from me, as this is something that often concerns me.





I've found myself by bad luck that i'm fairly alergic to SOME perfumes, i'm not sure however what it is in those perfumed i'm alergic to.





Basically they cause my air ways to tighten up so it becomes extremely difficult to breath. First time it happened it kinda scared me, (that was about 3 years ago) just got a wiff of, i think it was a perfumed bodyspray (womens one) and i went extremely tight chested.





Even after getting away from the stuff, i still find myself extremely tight chested for a while, worst case was when someboy pretty much sprayed some perfume right infront of me, i had to go outside just so i was able to breath. (the more i breath the stuff in, the tighter my chest gets)





One place i always get this feeling is when i go past one of the ';body shop'; stores, something they use in a lot of their products seems to trigger it which is odd. They claim they use all natural ingrediants, butAlergic to certain perfumes?
Hi, I have a lot of sensitivities to perfumes too. But it is the same as you, not all of them cause a bad reaction. I can smell some without a problem. But the Body Shop stuff definitely gives me a reaction with runny nose and chest tightening. Also, I got a job where they spritzed a heavy room air freshener in my area and it gave me asthma and sore throats, I could barely breathe. They had to take it out or I would have had to quit. It is definitely an allergic reaction to perfumes, and the only thing I can do is try to be very careful about being exposed to them. A dermatologist can patch test you for perfume allergies if you want to check into that. But, in the end, the only thing you can do is avoid it as much as you can. (I don't think you have to have asthma to be allergic to fragrances).

No comments:

Post a Comment